Are you curious about entering the uncharted territory of anal sex? Do you have a sense of nervousness, yet excitement at the same time? Anal sex can be one of the most pleasurable and sensual sexual experiences for both him and her. Anal play isn’t for everyone but it is for a lot of us! Anal play requires a little preparation….so let’s talk about easing into anal!
- Don’t do it if you don’t want to. Anal play is most pleasurable if you are relaxed and accepting. If you aren’t into it, your body is definitely not going to be on board and it could end up being painful.
- Start slow. Before going into full fledged anal, hard pounding anal sex, start with anal play. This will get your body used to the sensation and let you know what to expect. Start with fingers and move up to beads and plugs. When you are comfortable there, move on to penetration.
- Lube…..LOTS OF LUBE. Unlike the vagina, this area is not self-lubricating. Not only will it not be enjoyable, it can be downright painful and risk injury if you aren’t using enough lubrication. All lubes are not created equal. (We will go more in depth in another blog on this). Water based lubes will absorb and need to be reapplied. Silicone lubes may work well but are a pain to clean up. Specialized anal lubes are generally the lube of choice for anal play.
- If it hurts STOP…(unless that is the goal, no judgments here). Pain is an indicator that something is not right. Stop, take a breather, relax and try again or try another time. Just because it hurt once does not mean you won’t enjoy anal sex another time.
- Just let him put the tip in! Ladies, we have all heard this a time or two but with anal sex, it is on point. The head of the penis is the widest part and if it is going to hurt, this is usually when it happens. Once the head is in it should be smooth sailing.